VNA has been providing help for people with home care needs in Lawrence and the surrounding area since 1969. Visiting Nurses Help at Home services make it easier for you to maintain your independence at home or in an assisted living facility by providing assistance with everyday activities.
Our staff is available to provide quality care on a short-term or long-term basis.
What is Help at Home?
Help at Home is non-medical care provided in the home by trained caregivers specializing in personal care assistance, companion care and homemaker services.
Help at Home offers assistance with everyday activities:
• Light housekeeping and laundry
• Meal planning and preparation
• Shopping and errands
• Scheduling appointments
• Transportation to appointments
• Companionship and caregiver respite
• Bathing, shaving and grooming
• Eating assistance
• Medication set-up
• Overnight care
CareLink, another service offered through Help at Home, is an electronic relay device that improves safety in the home by signaling for help in an emergency.
Who pays for Help at Home?
We offer a free initial visit to customize your care plan; however, the client pays for the services. Help at Home care is not cover on benefits may cover some or all of the costs. Check with your long-term insurance provider to verify coverage.
• Consultation/Initial Visit: Free
• Companion Services: $17.50/hour; $18.50/hour on evenings and weekends; $25/hour premium days
• Hands-on Services: $19/hour; $20/hour on evenings; $30/hour on premium days
• Medication Visit: $25-$30/visit (performed by LPN or RN to prepare up to a 30-day supply)
• Minimum: 1 hour required
• Service Hours: Days: 6am-6pm; Evenings: 6pm-6am
• Premium Days: (24 hour/date listed) New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
All of our caregivers are bonded, insured, drug screened, TB tested and background checked.
Our Help at Home services are licensed through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
To learn more, click here to view our brochure.